Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My January Swing Challenge

Every January, in the Kettlebell community, there is what they call a 10,000 swing challenge in 30 days.  This means that you need to do approx. 333 swings per day and if you miss a day then you will need to do twice as many the next day.

I really like this challenge BUT I don't like the 10,000 swing bit! Why? Well, although I use my kettlbells consistently, I am not so comfortable with the idea of doing 333 swings day in day out for 30 days and hey, I don't want to set myself up for failure either.

SO, with that, for the month of January I have set myself a task of completing 6,000 swings in 30 days, which equates to 200 swings per day - somthing I think will be achievable in addition to my other workouts. If I am successful, I have already penciled in a 7,000 swing challenge for February in 28 days.

So today, I completed 220 swings.  I will do a few extra swings each day just in case I miss a day so that I can use the extra swings I have completed along the way.

What do I hope to get out of my 6,000 swing challenge? Well, it is a good excuse to get practice my swings, burn some calories and get fitter in the process. I've got a lot of Christmas cheer to burn off  and I want to look like a yummy mummy for Eva's first birthday at the end of February :)

Nicole xx

No comments:

Post a Comment