Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Slowly but Surely

Well, I am finally feeling better after the nasty head cold I had last week. Still have a fair bit of snot hanging around but I can breathe and I have my energy back! My little girl started crawling properly on Sunday! Very exciting for us and sooo cute to watch :)

After seeing no change in the freaking scales for weeks, despite increasing my exercise and eliminating a couple of nasty foods from my diet, I have bitten the bullet and decided to sign up to....wait for it....weight watchers online!

Now, I have ALWAYS been able to manage my weight without too much trouble but since having my daughter and a complete change of lifestyle, I have really struggled to lose the excess weight. Of course this has been very frustrating and depressing for me.  My biggest downfall which has stalled my weight loss is my snacking. Snacking when I'm bored, or stressed, or tired - the big three.

So, the reason I decided to join weight watchers was that I felt that it was going to be better in terms of making me more accountable for what I am putting in my mouth and the thought of counts a few measley points instead of calories sounded appealing as well.

WELL, I joined online and guess what? They have JUST changed the way their point system works - to the benefit of ME! From what I can gather, their previous points system was based on the calorie value of foods - so basically you could eat whatever you wanted as long as you stayed within your point range.  With the new points system they place more emphasis on foods that have healthy protein, carbs and fats.  Fruit is zero points (which means you can eat as much as you like but beware if you eat too much it could impact on your overall weight loss for the week).  I can't tell you exactly how the points system is calculated as apparently it is a secret formula! But whatever, if it works and I can eat all the foods that I love and still lose weight then I will be happy :)

Anyway, I joined I think on Saturday night and since then I have nearly lost a kilo. It's still early days yet as my offical weigh in isn't until next Monday but let's just say that now the scales are heading in the right direction it has motivated me to stay on track and do my daily exercise.  Now I never thought in a million years I would be raving about weight watchers but when you join as an online member you get access to the best tracking system I have ever come across (think calorie king but so much better). Plus, there is a library of recipes that are just fantastic!!  For the first time in a long time I am eating yummy healthy meals that aren't just meat and veg (which to me = boredom!) AND I get to eat a bit of chocolate each day - how can I complain?

Anyway, so far so good, so fingers crossed I can continue to lose weight.  My goal is 60kg by Christmas. My starting weight was 65.2kg and I am currently sitting at 64.4kg which is the first time I have 64 in a looooong time :)

Feeling motivated and excited!!

Nicole xx

4 comments:

  1. I think that sounds AWESOME Nicole! Whatever works I say! It took me ages to get out of the whole body buildiing style diet mindset but since I have I have never looked back. It is after all a simple equation of energy in versus energy out.
    I prefer to keep it simple. Good luck I know you will do well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicole,

    Congrats on the loss! Always gets you sooo much more motivated when the scale starts moving. Its good you have found WW and its working for you. Geez choccies every day!!!! I wouldn't be complaining either. I agree about all the awesome tracking stuff they have!! I even stole a few of their ideas for our mini work weight loss challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If would be pretty sad if a traditional bodybuilding diet was the only way to stay lean and healthy - think it's important to realize you also want to have a life and I reckon WW should be good for that, especially as they rejigged their points system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you ;) See you next Wednesday xoxo

    ReplyDelete